Most times when people speak of travelling to Africa, their minds think of South Africa, Kenya and of course visiting the ancient Pharaoh’s burial place in Egypt. However, travelers should not be blamed for being misinformed about countries like Uganda, where we are only time we receive huge international attention is when something awful happens in the country. – DID YOU WATCH #KNONY2012 VIRAL VIDEO or This you read those travel advisory to Australian and British travelers to Uganda warning them no to visit Kidepo Valley National Park (Karamoja Region) and Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park (Southwestern Uganda) – they say “these places are not safe for travellers” – This is not true!!!
Uganda is a country that offers the complete African tourism experience. Here are a few top 10 reasons to visit Uganda
- People – Uganda is made up of mainly Africans and a few Asian entrepreneurs creating a warm welcoming population of almost 34 million. Experience traditional Ugandans cultures and ceremonies – from the Imbalu Initiation ceremony to countless traditional dances and folk songs. Each of the 95 tribes of Uganda are hospitable
- Safety: Its in our hearts as Ugandans to be friendly to strangers and make them feel at peace. This is something that children are taught from the start. We pride ourselves of having one of Africa’s safest cities – Kampala. Personal safety – We urge you to take the same precautions you would in any international city or town. Take common-sense precautions (not walking alone in deserted areas at night.
- Big Six – lion, leopard, rhino, elephant, buffalo and the Mountain Gorillas. Each of the 10 national game parks in addition to the game reserves has something for everyone. Uganda is a birders paradise offering 1,040 bird species including the endangered species. Its believed that half of the total bird species in Africa are found in Uganda.
- Numerous National Parks and game reserves offering a wealth of game viewing plus diverse scenic beauty. A game drive into the Ishasha Sector (Queen Elizabeth National Park) and Kidepo National Park offers you an opportunity to see the Tree climbing lion or watch elephant play on the river bank. These offer a wealth
- Diverse scenery – from snowcapped mountains to semi-arid plains and lush wilderness. The southern part of Uganda is home to the Rwenzori Mountains aka “Mountains of the moon” – the only place in the world lying around the equator with snow at its peaks.
- Moderate Climate all year round.
- Secret Beaches – Visitor looking to visit places where few tourists have been, must think of visiting the Ssese Group of Islands situated in the middle of Lake Victoria. The 84 Ssese archepodeology offers a nice base for family getaway, team building, honeymoon to rejuvenate the body and soul. Voted #1 by lonely planet among places to chill out in Uganda and #10 among best secret islands in the world.
- The Guardian Travellers Voted Banda in Ssese the be the #4 best beach destination in Africa
- Family and Child friendly – Towards the International Mother’s day celebration this year, Budget Traveller Magazine readers named Uganda best destination for Mother-Daughter trips.
- Uganda is home to the Source of the World’s Longest River – Nile which is the lifeblood of Sudan and Egypt. Lake Victoria is World’s 3rd largest fresh water body. Lake Bunyonyiis Africa 2nd deepest Lake and shared between Uganda, D.R.Congo and Rwanda
For more information on either the ultimate Uganda holiday or to learn more about this great nation, contact your local travel agent or see Guide2Uganda – A Guide2The World complete and comprehensive online guide WWW.GUIDE2UGANDA.COM