The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology, funded by Norwegian Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company Meltwater Group headquartered in San Francisco, is offering Ghanaian graduates interested in IT and entrepreneurship a unique scholarship opportunity to get trained and get funded to start IT based companies focused on global markets.
The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is a not-for-profit training organization fully funded by the Meltwater Group and currently training and developing the next generation of global software entrepreneurs from Ghana, West Africa. Graduates from the program with viable software based business ideas get seed funding, office space, infrastructure and mentors in our business incubator where they get to develop their ideas further and with support to help take their ideas off the ground. Our goal is to create wealth and jobs locally in Africa by training and mentoring young Africans to start their own software companies that can compete successfully in the global marketplace. It is our hope that these software entrepreneurs will inspire generations to follow in their footsteps. www.meltwater.org.
WHAT MEST OFFERS
• A two year FULL SCHOLARSHIP program focused on market-oriented software development and practical entrepreneurship training. Our goal is to provide you with the practical skills and resources you need to start a company that can compete in the global market space.
• A full time in-house training in commercial software development and entrepreneurship within an international environment, an international faculty with over 20 years experience in software development and international business. Details on the training content is available at: http://www.meltwater.org/program/training/
• Housing, tuition fees, meals and study materials provided to selected applicants
• A business incubator that offers seed funding and infrastructure open for qualified graduates of MEST
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applicants should be university graduates, final year students completing school by June 2012. Prior knowledge in computer science or programming is not a requirement. Requirements include a degree from the following Backgrounds:
– Social Science, Business, General Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Arts and other backgrounds qualify to apply to the MEST Program.
Applicants should have the passion to start their own software company, an interest in technology / computers, confidence to take risks, drive / stamina, team player skills, good communication skills, personality & humour, entrepreneurial spirit.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply to the MEST program, please follow this link:
Deadline for application: 15th April 2012