As a result of the anti-pornography and anti-homosexuality Bills recently passed by Uganda’s Parliament banning women from wearing miniskirts and clothing deemed to be sexually explicit– and homosexuality a crime punishable by prison sentence including those who don’t report gay people to authorities, it’s important to provide travel precautions and recommendations for our esteemed politicians.
Considering Members of Parliament (MPs) and government officials often travel overseas to conduct official business and pleasure, globalization guarantees that they will encounter people and beliefs that they despise. International travel can be exciting but also carries potential risk, it’s important that our leaders have a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience.
The following guidelines should help minimize encounters with gay people and women around the world engaging in erotic behavior that might trigger sexual excitement to offend the high standard of ethics and morality historically exhibited by our politicians that have earned Uganda the rank of 37th most corrupt nation in the World.
- Uganda’s MPs are encouraged to schedule direct flights to avoid layovers at airports in countries where women have the right to wear what they like. Recommended transit nations include Saudi Arabia, Yemen and others where women typically dress in clothing covering most of their bodies.
- Avoid non-essential travel to areas with beaches and summer resorts. Women often dress in little or no clothing exposing their breasts, buttocks and thighs. Bars and nightclubs will likely pose the same risk.
- It’s important to have a list of safe havens and hideouts in case of inevitable encounters with gay or inappropriately dressed women. Uganda embassies could offer temporary refuge.
- Exercise a high degree of caution and reduce the amount of time spent in public places in other countries. These are high risk zones with no guarantee that your ethical standards shall be met.
- Refrain from the purchase of magazines, movies and music videos; there is an abundance of content that might trigger sexual excitement.
- Avoid all travel to the following cities that are infested with homosexuals; Fort Lauderdale, San Francisco, Seattle, Amsterdam and Paris. It’s imperative that you avoid creating an international incident; you should not arrest, prosecute or kill homosexuals outside Uganda.
- It’s recommended that restrictions are instituted to block access to adult websites on the $370,000 taxpayer funded iPads that were distributed to all MPs.
Uganda’s Members of Parliament and leaders are reminded that the level of tolerance for women and homosexuals is different in other parts of the world. Many nations are making strides towards emancipation of women and minority groups. Please take some time to conduct research regarding the state of human rights in your final destinations. Best of luck in your future travels and hopefully the above recommendations will help you make well-informed decisions as you continue marching towards the wrong side of history.
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.”—-Mark Twain